The past several years have truly been chaotic. I took a Medical Leave of Absence last year, and I'm getting back into the groove like I haven't in years... but it's daunting, and I feel as though I constantly stay behind the ball. Pulling it all together and completing everything is a matter of focus and attitude. Fortunately, I have that in spades this year - finally! Still, I can't shake the thought that I am behind the greyhounds - and definitely behind the bunny!
One of the most important things I have set out to do is to fully update my bibliographic database (THANK YOU, ENDNOTE!). This process serves a dual purpose: refamiliarizing me with the sources, and, creating precise and correct entries so the process of writing can proceed smoothly. Done right, it will mean I will *never* again need to enter any detail needed to create a footnote or bibliographic detail. I'm using version X8, and the bells and whistles now make the process easier - much easier. I can C&P abstracts into the database, linked to their bibliographic components, as well as attach the matching PDF. The PDF - and any inline notes I might make on it - are also fully-searchable. It's also quite simple to create a bibliography by type of resource. It doesn't get much better than that.
The next step requires that I create any remaining databases, and to proof them - hard.
Then, statistical analyses parallel to my work writing background chapters, and GIS mapping.Write final chapters, submit, and graduate!!! YAY!!
More later on as I approach the PhD, not simply ABD.